Monday, June 27, 2011

Oil and Genocide and The Silver Lining


            

 
            I was working at my computer when I heard a loud scream that came down the hallway of my apartment building. I immediately stopped what I was doing and ran out of my door down the hall where I embraced a stranger I had never met. We jumped up and down and screaming and crying. We had just found out that Barrack Obama was now our new president!
          My mom who is in her 60’s who I have only seen cry twice, one time when I almost died of an asthma attack, and for a second time during Obama’s inauguration where she recalled a Jim Crow day going into a restaurant and having the bus boy take her and her friend’s order because the waiters didn’t want to wait on filthy Black people. Obama’s inauguration was the day she felt vindicated.
         So many Black people not just in America but around the world put their faith, blood, and tears into Obama. This is the guy that’s gonna make us shine like the Chrysler Building, and show the world what Black people are really made of.
          I’m practically a celebrity living in Taiwan at the moment. I have a student who can make at least 50 sentences using Obama’s name. My students see me as the American who comes from a country with the Black president who is gonna bring about world peace. I mean Isn’t he? I mean he was given a Nobel Peace Prize on credit right? “ Just give him time.” I told one of my friends. “He’ll come around.” “But don’t you think it’s weird that he has won a Nobel Peace Prize and he hasn’t done anything?” “What does he have to do he’s Obama. Duh!” I replied.
         Barrack Hussain Obama is perfect in every way: tall, dark, handsome, perfect teeth, hypnotic voice, perfect smile, perfect family, bi-racial the best of both worlds, funny, charming, intelligent, and emphatic. Does this man have any flaws? No he’s Obama! Can this man do anything wrong? No he’s Obama! Aww but look Sasha and Melia got a cute little dog and they have a garden in back of the White House. He even has his own super hero stalker girl that sings songs about him and he’s on T-shirts too.
         Now my eyes are opened and I am haunted by visions of children and innocent people being killed and women being raped. Poor people are going to a distant country to murder other poor people and get murdered themselves. Um yeah it’s called a war not a kinetic action. Thanks main stream media I know the difference. I can make up my mind for myself no mass media manipulation for me thank you very much. I quit a few years ago. “Bombing for Peace is like fucking for virginity”
         Ok now that’s out of the way I’m calling for the hippies, and liberal anti-war patriots who were against Bush during his reign. Come out come out where ever you are. Now that Bush is gone, the same thing is happening can’t you see? It’s the same shit only with a more handsome president.
         In all seriousness I’m making jokes to keep from crying. To keep from letting everybody know how sad I am. I am really sad. It’s hard to believe that we as a planet have all been bamboozled. It’s a very painful reality when you wake up one day and you realize the world works very differently than you thought it did. Had I known about Zbigniew Brzezinski and Obama’s other advisors, I probably would have seen through the façade sooner. That’s when I actually believed that one person like a president with “Good Intentions” could save us. There is always that guy. Like Luke Skywalker, Neo, or Black Jesus who saves everybody. All we have to do is relax while they sit back and sacrifice their life for our lazy asses. Pretty sweet deal huh?
         I mean that’s how it works right? There was a nagging voice inside me that said. Don’t put too much faith in Obama he’s only one man. But I told it to shut the hell up and opted to believe the myth of the savior archetype since I figured it was less work for me.
                  Being a Black person it’s hard to criticize Obama because you have Black people who automatically hate you and call you a sellout. Then you have the non-Black people who hate you too because you don’t support him and for some odd reason they are perplexed because they don’t understand why all Black people don’t like and agree with each other like they’ve seen on TV. But when you’re wrong you’re wrong And if it’s one thing I am opposed to is war: especially a war for oil and genocide.
         But the silver lining on this cloud is, if it weren’t for Obama I wouldn’t have seen what a sham this system is. That our systemic problems as a society can’t be fixed by one man. Now that I am thinking clearly, I think about what a ridiculous concept that was. The answer all along is us. It always has been. We are the change we need to see in the world.
         One of my favorite movies growing up was a movie called Willow. There is a scene in the movie where the main character Willow applies to be an apprentice for a great wizard. The wizard holds up his own five fingers and asks him which finger has the power to rule the world. Willow picks three different fingers and fails. He later learns the answer was his own finger.
         It’s so true I wish so many people will snap out of their trance and realize that we are worthy, we are good, that we don’t need to have one person to save us. We can save ourselves.
         I’ve stopped voting. I haven’t told my family yet. They are probably going to think I am crazy, but I don’t care. I’m bored to tears by remarks that people make about how Black people fought so long to get the right to vote and that I should be ashamed of myself for not taking advantage of this opportunity. I just think to myself or say when I don’t care about being a smart ass that “They also fought for the right for us to learn how to read and think critically maybe you should try the same.”
         I truly believe when people get out of this tribal mentality of Black vs. White, Republican vs. Democrat, Man vs. Woman, Autobot vs. Decepticon that’s when we are going to see real change.
         I have to admit that my heart was broken when I realized Obama wasn’t the “savior” I thought he was. I felt like I gave my heart and soul to the love of my life only to have him cheat on me with 59 whores.  But I’m also grateful that his flaws has allowed me to see the savior in myself and the rest of humanity. And though my heart was broken it will mend. What doesn’t kill me will make me stronger. 

 
  El petróleo y el genocidio y el revestimiento de plata (Spanish Version)

         Yo estaba trabajando con mi ordenador  cuando escuché un grito que venía por el pasillo de mi edificio. Inmediatamente dejé lo que estaba haciendo y salí corriendo por la puerta del pasillo donde me abrazó un desconocido que nunca había visto. Saltamos hacia arriba y abajo, gritando y llorando. Habíamos acabado de descubrir que Barack Obama era ahora nuestro nuevo presidente!
         Mi madre que tiene sobre 60 años a la que sólo he visto llorar dos veces, una en la que casi me muero de un ataque de amsa y la segunda vez durante la inauguración de Obama en la que recordó un día Jim Crow ir a un restaurante y que tiene el ayudante de camarero llevar a su fin y el de su amiga, porque los camareros no quería atender a que los negros sucios. La toma de posesión de Obama fue el día que se sintió vindicada.
         Tantos negros no sólo en Estados Unidos sino en todo el mundo ponen su fe, la sangre y lágrimas en Obama. Este es el tipo que va a hacernos brillar como el edificio Chrysler, y mostrar al mundo lo que los negros son realmente hechos.
         Soy prácticamente una celebridad en Taiwan en este momento. Tengo un estudiante que puede hacer por lo menos 50 oraciones usando el nombre de Obama. Mis alumnos me ven como el
estadounidense que viene de un país con el presidente de Negro, que va a lograr la paz mundial. Quiero decir ¿no? Me refiero a que se le dio un Premio Nobel de la Paz en el derecho de crédito? "Sólo le dio tiempo." Le dije a uno de mis amigos. "Él va a entrar en razón." "Pero ¿no crees que es raro que se ha ganado un Premio Nobel de la Paz y él no ha hecho nada?" "¿Qué es lo que tiene que hacer él es Obama. Duh! ", Contesté.
         Barack Hussein Obama es perfecta en todo sentido: alto, moreno, guapo, dientes perfectos, la voz hipnótica, sonrisa perfecta, perfecta de la familia, bi-racial lo mejor de ambos mundos, divertido, encantador, inteligente y contundente. ¿Este hombre tiene algún defecto? No, él es Obama! ¿Puede este hombre hecho nada malo? No, él es Obama! Aww pero mira Sasha y Melia tiene un perro pequeño y lindo y tienen un jardín en la parte trasera de la Casa Blanca. Él incluso tiene su propia chica super héroe acosador que canta canciones sobre él y está en las camisetas también.
         Ahora mis ojos están abiertos y estoy atormentado por visiones de los niños y personas inocentes que son asesinadas y violadas las mujeres están. La gente pobre se va a un país lejano para asesinar a otras personas pobres y que consigan asesinado. Um, sí que se llama una guerra no es una acción
cinético.Gracias medios de la corriente principal que conozco la diferencia. Que puedo hacer en mi mente para mí ningún tipo de manipulación los medios de comunicación para mí, muchas gracias. Dejé hace unos años. "Bombardeo por la paz es como follando por la virginidad"
         Ok, ahora que está fuera de la forma en que estoy llamando a los hippies y liberales anti-guerra patriotas que estaban en contra de Bush durante su reinado. Salid de salir donde quiera que esté. Ahora que Bush se ha ido, lo mismo que está pasando no puedes ver? Es la misma mierda sólo con un presidente más guapo.
         En toda la seriedad que estoy haciendo chistes para no llorar. Para no dejar que todo el mundo sabe lo triste que estoy. Estoy muy triste. Es difícil de creer que nosotros, como un planeta, han sido engañados. Es una realidad muy dolorosa cuando se despierta un día y te das cuenta de que el mundo funciona de manera muy diferente de lo que pensaba. Si hubiera sabido acerca de Zbigniew Brzezinski y otros asesores de Obama, probablemente me habría visto a través de la fachada antes. Ahí es cuando yo creía que una persona como un presidente con "buenas intenciones" puede salvar. Siempre hay ese tipo. Al igual que Luke Skywalker, Neo, o Jesús Negro que salva a todo el mundo. Todo lo que tenemos que hacer es relajarse mientras se sientan atrás y sacrificar su vida por nuestros culos perezosos. Muy dulce mucho ¿eh?
        Quiero decir que es como funciona ¿no? Hay era una voz persistente dentro de mí que dice. No ponga demasiada fe en Obama que es un solo hombre. Pero me dijo que se callara y optó por creer en el mito del arquetipo del salvador desde que me di cuenta que era menos trabajo para mí.
         Ser una persona Negro es difícil criticar a Obama, ya que los negros tienen que automáticamente te odio y te llamo una traidora. Entonces usted tiene la gente de raza no negra que os aborrecen, también, porque no apoyarlo y por alguna extraña razón que están perplejos porque no entiendo por qué todos los negros no les gusta y estoy de acuerdo unos con otros como lo han visto en la televisión. Pero cuando te equivocas Y si es una cosa que me opongo a que es la guerra: sobre todo una guerra por el petróleo y el genocidio.
         Pero el lado bueno de esta nube es, si no fuera por Obama no hubiera visto lo que una farsa es ese sistema. Que nuestros problemas sistémicos como la sociedad no puede ser fijado por un hombre. Ahora que estoy pensando con claridad, pienso en lo que es un concepto ridículo que era. La respuesta a todo lo largo somos nosotros. Siempre lo ha sido. Somos el cambio que necesitamos ver en el mundo.
         Una de mis películas favoritas mientras crecía era una película llamada Willow. Hay una escena en la película donde el personaje principal de Willow se aplica a ser un aprendiz de un gran mago. El gran mago levanta sus propios cinco dedos y le pregunta qué dedo tiene el poder de gobernar el mundo. Willow recoge tres diferentes dedos y falla. Más tarde se entera de que la respuesta era su propio dedo.
         Es tan cierto deseo mucha gente va a encajarse a presión fuera de su trance y darse cuenta de que somos dignos, somos buenos, que no necesita tener una persona para salvarnos. Podemos salvarnos a nosotros mismos.
         He dejado de votar. No le he dicho a mi familia todavía. Son, probablemente, va a pensar que estoy loco, pero no me importa. Estoy aburrido hasta las lágrimas por los comentarios que hace la gente acerca de cómo los negros lucharon tanto tiempo para obtener el derecho a votar y que yo debería estar avergonzado de mí mismo por no tomar ventaja de esta oportunidad. Sólo pienso para mí mismo o decir cuando no me importa ser un culo inteligente que "Ellos también lucharon por el derecho para nosotros, para aprender a leer y pensar de manera crítica, tal vez debería tratar de la misma."
         Sinceramente, creo que la gente a salir de esta mentalidad tribal de Negro contra Blanco, republicano contra el demócrata, el hombre contra mujer, Autobot contra Decepticon que es cuando vamos a ver un cambio verdadero.
         Tengo que admitir que mi corazón se rompió cuando me di cuenta de que Obama no era el "salvador" Yo pensaba que era. Me sentí como si di mi corazón y alma al amor de mi vida sólo para que le engañe a mí con 59 prostitutas. Pero también estoy agradecido de que sus defectos, me ha permitido ver al Salvador en mí mismo y el resto de la humanidad. Y aunque mi corazón estaba roto que se reparar. Lo que no me mate me hará más fuerte.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment